Skip to main content

Higher education

Higher education is a term that covers all types of qualification at Level 4 and above. This includes:

  • university degrees (BA or BSc)
  • Higher National Diplomas (HNDs)
  • foundation degrees

If you’re a care leaver and you go on to study at university, you may be able to get help with the following in addition to any loans and grants you may be eligible for:

  • laptop and student software
  • vacation accommodation costs (non-term time only)
  • costs towards living expenses (until you have access to student finances)
  • Higher Education Bursary
  • book allowance
  • equipment allowance
  • transport allowance graduation ceremony
  • one-off support with essential field trips within the UK

If you’re under 25 and you’d like to take a higher education qualification we can still help you even if your case has been closed to the council. 

Please contact us and we can allocate a leaving care coach to you. They can assess your educational needs and complete a pathway plan, and let you know what financial help we may be able to give you.

Need more advice ?

rating button