Everyone's unique and has different reasons why shopping for food may be difficult. It could be that you’re unable to drive, can't carry your shopping bags, get tired walking or can't see the food labels because you’re visually impaired.
Here are some options to help you:
- Consider using supermarket online shopping.
- Ask the customer service desk at the supermarket for assistance.
- Some supermarkets offer a delivery service for people who shop in store. Check with your local supermarket if they offer this. There may be minimum spends or delivery charges.
- If travelling to the supermarket is difficult, see if a family member or friend is able to take you with them when they go.
- Use your Attendance Allowance to pay for a taxi.
- Check if there’s a food van in your area.
- Use Shopmobility schemes to help you get around your local shops.