The Waltham Forest MARAC is a monthly risk management meeting where professionals share information on high risk cases of domestic violence and abuse and put in place a risk management plan.
The MARAC aims to:
- Share information to increase the safety, health and well-being of victims/survivors, adults and their children
- Determine whether the alleged perpetrator poses a significant risk to any particular individual or to the general community
- Construct jointly and implement a risk management plan that provides professional support to all those at risk and that reduces the risk of harm
- Reduce repeat victimisation
- Improve agency accountability, and
- Improve support for staff involved in high-risk domestic abuse cases
SafeLives (previously known as CAADA) provides general information on MARACs and quality assures MARACs nationwide.
There are currently four criteria for referring a case to MARAC:
- Visible high risk
- Professional judgment
- Potential escalation
- Repeat cases
MARAC meetings are held monthly and are attended by professionals only. .
- If you are a practitioner and you would like further information, please contact: Waltham Forest MARAC Team on Telephone: 07789 480 655 or Email: JCMailbox-.MARAC@met.pnn.police.uk (secure email)