Skip to main content

Supported Housing for 19 to 25 year olds

house icon with two people in it

Supported housing is when you have a room or a flat and you have a package of support made available to you.

This could be help with things like;

  • your personal care
  • accessing the community
  • gaining employment.
  • getting to college or work
  • housework
  • managing your finances

You will have a support worker who will assist you will all your activities. They will be available 24 hours in most instances dependent on need. The types of services available are:

  • supported living services (floating support)
  • visiting support
  • tenancy sustainment

Some supported living homes may be shared by two or three people with similar conditions, such as a particular disability.

Is supported living for you?

Supported living may be for you if you no longer can live with your family and you need more independence.

To access supported living your Assessment Planning and Review Officer will make a referral to the Preparing for Adulthood Panel. Then a social worker will conduct a Care Act needs assessment.

This assessment will set out all of your support needs and a package will be put in place by the Disability Enablement Service in partnership with either the Community Learning Disability Team or Adult Social Care. The package will be reviewed annually to make certain that it is still meeting your needs and that your circumstances haven’t changed.

Need more advice ?

rating button