Waltham Forest Young Carers Project
The Young Carers Project supports children and young people who give regular care to a parent, carer or sibling with a disability, mental health needs, drug or alcohol dependency, or other needs.
- are you between 6 and 18 years-old and living in Waltham Forest?
- do you help look after your parent, carer or a sibling because they are disabled, have emotional or mental health needs or drug/alcohol dependency?
- do you worry about the person you care for?
- does your family have problems with money, finding work or getting benefits?
- do you have less time than your friends to do things you enjoy?
- do you have difficulties at school or college?
- do you feel isolated or different from other young people around you?
How we can help you
The Young Carers Project can offer you the following support;
- whole family support
- access to clubs and positive activities
- support with education, training or employment
- school holiday activities
- residential breaks
- days out
We can also look for, and get specialist support from our partner agencies and organisations if you have specific needs that require a specialist.
Get in contact
If you’ve got any questions, you can speak to the Young Carers team on:
Telephone: 020 8496 2960
We make sure that you’re involved and play an active role in all decisions and in choosing the kind of support that you need to achieve your goals.
We promise to:
- treat you with respect
- ask you directly about the support you need
- give you access to the information we hold about you and your family
- ask your views on the way that the project should involve you and how the project is run
- be sensitive to your culture, ethnicity and religion
If you know of a child or young person in Waltham Forest who maybe a young carer that requires additional support, than you should make a referral to the Young Carers Project.
Please download the EH Young Carers New Referrals and CSC Step Down to EH and follow the most appropriate route.
You can also download an LBWF MASH Referral form.
If you are unsure, have any further questions or queries, you can contact the Young Carers team on 020 8496 2960 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Carers living in Waltham Forest can now access 10 hours of funded tuition support in Maths and English. Our partner; Titanium Tutors will deploy tutors based on the Young Carers needs and availability.
To access this opportunity, the Young Carer and their family must be known/ open to Early Help 0-18 or Children’s Social Care. The referral should be submitted by the named family practitioner.
If you would like to receive Home Based Tuition support or refer a Young Carer that you are supporting, then please follow the steps below.
- Share and discuss the opportunity with the Young Carer and their family members.
- Complete the “Home Based Tuition” support referral form
- Email the referral form to email@example.com
- Titanium Tutors will deploy Tutor within 4 weeks of receiving the completed referral
- LBWF – Home Based Tuition Support Publicity
- HBT Referral Process
- HBT Referral Form
- Titanium Tutors Client Pack
Please note; this is an externally funded programme and there are is a maximum of 30 spaces available for 2019/2020.