Skip to main content


If you have substantial difficulties carrying out everyday tasks, we can provide advice and may be able to provide equipment and small adaptations to help you stay independent in your home.

You will need an assessment by an occupational therapist to be eligible for equipment or small adaptations to be provided free of charge.

Buying equipment through your local retailer or with prescription

Small items of equipment to help you move around the house, get in and out of a chair or help you prepare food in the kitchen are now available to buy independently in our Equipment and Living Aids section without the need to wait for an occupational therapy assessment. Items include aids to help you use the bath, toilet, dress, cook and get around your home safely.

If you are eligible for state funded equipment, you'll be given a prescription which you can exchange for equipment at a local accredited retailer. Further information can be provided by your prescriber. 

Need more advice ?

rating button