Skip to main content

Shared Ownership for 19 to 25 years

house and pound sign icon

What is Shared Ownership?

Shared Ownership is a Help to Buy scheme,  where you part-own and part-rent the property. 

This type of accommodation is really useful for people who can maintain staying in their own property for a long time and who are able to do minor repairs such as internal decorating. The housing association is responsible for the major maintenance and repairs of the property.

Purchasing

You can start owning the property by purchasing 25per cent and renting the remaining 75 per cent.

This type of housing means that you cannot be moved if your support worker changes, neither do you have to share with anyone else.

To qualify for this type of supported housing, you need to be receiving benefits for disabled people for all the time you have a mortgage. So if you think at some stage you’ll be able to work, then you may need to question if you can afford the payments.

You will need to have a deposit and be able to pay the legal fees and the moving in fees.

Supported living for people with learning disabilities

Outward has been providing support in Waltham Forest for people with learning disabilities for over 40 years.

In Waltham Forest, Outward's supported housing and Shared Ownership accommodation for people with disabilities is in Leyton.

Find out more about Outward Housing here

Need more advice ?

rating button