Steps into work
We are a new Council led service which has been set up to support Waltham Forest residents gain employment.
We offer tailored support at every step of your journey into work, from helping you to gain new skills, to providing you with advice and guidance when applying for jobs. We are also here to help you once you are in work.
Our Services Include:
- Help to develop a Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Practice mock interviews and confidence building
- Access to job specific training courses
- Assisted job search sessions based from various centres
- Access to job vacancies and apprenticeships opportunities
- Support in completing applications forms and personal statements
- Mentoring support and coaching once in employment
We deal with vacancies across various sectors including administration, finance, construction, retail/customer service, creative media, hospitality and catering.
Am I Eligible?
Due to our funding requirements, you:
- Must be over 18, unemployed and a Waltham Forest resident
- Must be eligible to work and have recourse to public funds (able to claim state benefits)
- Must have a valid a UK national insurance number
How Do I Register?
To make a registration appointment with us, please call 0208 496 1919 between 10:00am to 4:00pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact details. We will aim to respond within 48 hours.
To register, please ensure that you are able to provide;
- A valid passport or British birth certificate - If your passport is from outside the EU you will need to provide proof of eligibility to claim state benefits
- Proof of address e.g. bank statement, utility bill, council tax bill (must be no older than three months)
- Proof of National Insurance number e.g. payslip, P45 or P60, Jobcentre Plus letter or National Insurance card.