The Ashiana network’s purpose is to:
- empower South Asian, Turkish and Iranian women who are experiencing domestic violence with culturally sensitive advice, support and safe housing- enabling them to make positive and appropriate choices for themselves.
- raise awareness of domestic violence and carry out preventative work with the community as a whole.
The services we provide:
1) Sunflowers Support Group
Support group open to any woman living in Waltham Forest affected by domestic violence who wishes to talk about her experiences in a confidential and supportive environment.
2) Ashiana Youth Services: Education and advice
The aim of the project is to raise awareness of domestic violence, abuse and children’s rights with young people to help prevent abuse
o Counselling and support services for young people affected by domestic violence
o Youth projects
The following services are specifically for South Asian, Turkish & Iranian women, between the ages of 16-30, without children.We offer a wide range of services including:
- Refuge accommodation for women
- One to one outreach services
- In house counselling
We also run free workshops on the following:
- domestic violence
- forced marriages
- drug/ alcohol abuse
- stress management
- eating disorders/body image
- confidence building
The aim of these sessions are designed to increase the audiences understanding and awareness of the chosen topic.