Chingford Foundation School
Chingford Foundation School is a successful co-educational Academy with Sixth Form, where we provide an excellent secondary education.
The school challenges and extends students of all abilities and prepares them to contribute positively to the communities in which they live.
Our commitment to quality, achievement and the ‘comprehensive ethos’ makes us the natural first choice of students, parents and staff who are keen to contribute to the successful development of tomorrow’s young citizens.
Chingford Foundation School has many distinctive characteristics:
- It is a large 11-18 mixed school with an impressive heritage, which we exploit and celebrate.
- We have a style and approach which ensures details in academic and pastoral matters are not overlooked and are given an equally high priority.
- Our ‘personalised’ structures and systems enable us to learn each student’s strengths and areas for development to a degree that makes us an example of ‘good practice’ for other schools.
- Our knowledge of each student’s individuality is the key to promoting good learning habits and the development of strong personal qualities needed in an increasingly complex society
- Our strong approach to ‘Rewards and Sanctions’ means we can ensure distractions are kept to a minimum and our work on promoting healthy lifestyles was recognised through the award of the ‘Healthy Schools’ status.
- We understand that boys learn differently from girls and this informs the way we organise the learning for our students. Our ‘Code of Expectations’ means that learning includes shorter, more tightly defined lessons, clear objectives, regular opportunities for feedback on students’ progress, a brisk business like pace to lessons and more opportunities for the student to take responsibility.
- Our combined specialisms in Arts and Humanities subjects mean that innovative, high quality provision is available to enable students to develop their specific aptitudes and skills. We gained ‘Change’ school status with Creative Partnerships.
- We have a vast range of extra-curricular activities in our Extension Programme and Saturday College which provide many opportunities for students to invest in their learning and progress and in the life of the school. We were awarded the Quality Mark in Study Support (QISS) for our outstanding provision. All students have the opportunity to take part in Arts Awards (an accredited qualification run by the Arts Council). The school is designated an Arts Award Welcome Centre. The PE and sporting provision is excellent. We won 9 out of a possible 10 leagues and cups in 2007/08 season, creating history in Waltham Forrest. We have been awarded the Sports Mark from Sport England.
- We have active groups in our school community who work hard to support the students in the school e.g. Parents’ Association, Parents’ Forum, Old Chingfordians.
- The school has the benefit of an attractive, historical setting in which to provide a modern education for students. Its excellent facilities are set around spacious grounds and buildings that date back to 1938 and which acts as a centre for community activity.
All these features reflect our belief that a high quality education of the future is based on a fusion between the best of traditional methods and the very latest thinking and technology.
This enables us to counter under achievement and instil in our students that learning is a lifelong process. Thus our students gain the capacity to be successful in the modern world.
When these ‘foundations’ are secured in our students, ‘Chingford Foundation School’ moves from rhetoric to reality.
Chingford Foundation School
31 Nevin Drive
- E4 7LT
- Age Ranges
- From 11 years to 18 years