Citizens Advice Waltham Forest for Direct Payment Support
Direct Payments Support is a service run by Citizens Advice Waltham Forest that is commissioned by the Local Authority to provide people with confidential, impartial, free, high quality information and advice and support to people who receive a Direct Payment for their care and support.
London Borough of Waltham Forest has a legal duty under the Care Act to ensure service users can access the information and advice they need to make good decisions about care and support.
The DPSS service meets this duty and provides additional support in relation to the management of personal budgets including;
- Providing up to date information, advice and support to enable services users to choose and manage their Personal Budgets including information on What Direct Payments are and how they work.
- Supporting service users to experience more choice and control over their daily lives and enhance their ability to live independently through their personal budget
- Providing specialist knowledge and experience of self-directed support and personal budgets for people with Learning Difficulties, Mental Health, young and adult carers and people from BAME groups seeking to receive Direct Payments.
- Providing DP recipients of care agencies and other independent providers who have agreed to supply and manage the persona assistance needed by individuals
- Supporting service users in the recruitment and employment of PA’s for service users who do not wish to manage their own staff.
- Supporting service users to gain confidence and knowledge they need to identify and contract with independent providers of their choice.