Salary: £270 - £280 p/week
Located in Lewisham
You will be expected to carry out skilled tasks including installing electrical cables and equipment in commercial environments, and the visual inspection and electrical testing of those installations.
Apprentice electricians are required to have both excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the skill of listening and following both simple and complex instructions. Apprentices should have some degree of electrical experience and electrical qualifications.
As an electrical engineering technician you would install, maintain and repair electrical equipment and controls. You might work in a range of industries, including:
- power generation and transmission – installing turbines, switchgear and power lines and street lighting networks
- industrial machinery and equipment – making, fitting and repairing drives, motors and programmable logic control (PLC) panels
- building services infrastructure – installing and maintaining lighting, heating, air conditioning, lifts and escalators.
You would follow engineering instructions and use wiring and circuit diagrams when working on installations and repairs. You would also use a range of tools to calibrate, inspect and test equipment and machinery to make sure they are working correctly and safely.
Typical Working Week
You will work on site for four days per week and attend college for one day a week. Most site hours are Monday to Friday, 08.00-17.00.
- Positive attitude to work and colleagues
- Ability and awareness of working safely
- Desire to learn
- Has strong self-awareness
- Is both resilient and committed
- Is always looking to improve
- Enjoys being a team player
Good written and verbal communication skills, including the skill of listening and following both simple and complex instructions. At least a Level 1 in Functional Skills or GSCE grade C or above in English, Maths and ICT. It will be an advantage if you have already completed technical certificates in electrical installations, have previous related work experience, CSCS and or PASMA