The Haven’s Gang Victims Counselling and Support Programme
The Haven is part of Waltham Forest's Gangs Prevention Programme and runs activities such as:
- Comprehensive holistic counselling and support programme
- Fortnightly facilitated support and craft therapy group
- 6 monthly workshops delivered to relevant practitioners and partners to benefit beneficiary group
The project aims to:
- To encourage victims to seek to engage with their families, possibly initially identifying a family member that they can trust when possible.
- To encourage family members to seek individual counselling for themselves to address their issues.
- To support the family in a non-judgemental way by offering active listening and empathy.
- To share relevant information with other appropriate agencies to provide further support.
- To teach the victim/survivor better life skills such as how to communicate positively with their families and their communities.
For more information please get on touch using the below details.