Helping vulnerable people live the lives they choose
Outward is a not-for-profit organisation that provides care and support to vulnerable people in London to help them live the lives they choose and realise their full potential. We offer a range of services for:
- people with learning disabilities, including a specialised service that supports people on the autism spectrum
- older people
- people with mental health issues
- Young people at risk.
We work in ten London boroughs: Waltham Forest, Bromley, Camden, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington, Newham, Redbridge and Tower Hamlets.
Our services in Waltham Forest:
We are very active in Waltham Forest, and provide lots of different services to enable people to engage in their local community. Our services include:
- Specialist Outreach Support for Adults with Learning Disabilities- help with managing money and paying bills, filling out forms, going to appointments etc. We will help you to develop new skills and become more independent.
- Specialist Floating Support for Adults with Learning Disabilities- domestic advice and support to people over the age of 18, to enable them to maintain independence in their own home.
- Supported accommodation for adults with learning disabilities - supported living service with 24 hour staff support for people with moderate learning disabilities.
- Supported Living for Adults on the Autistic Spectrum- The Drive - supported living service with 24 hour staff support for people with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
- Registered Care Home Primrose Road- care home for people with a learning disability and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Registered Care Home Drayton Road- care home for people with a learning disability and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Specialist Outreach Support for Adults on the Autistic Spectrum- person-centred support to people on the autistic spectrum, to enable them to do the things they want to do and reduce levels of challenging behaviour.
- Nutley Edge Activity Breaks – respite holidays- beautiful holiday destination in the heart of the East Sussex countryside. Outward hosts specialist Activity Breaks for people with learning disabilities and ASD at Nutley Edge Cottages.
We are committed to the values of Engaging, Enabling and Empowering, which means:
- Engaging - We listen to what you say, we involve you in what we do, and we are honest and open
- Enabling - We assist and we support you to achieve your goals and aspirations
- Empowering - We inspire and we encourage, empowering you to take control and to take advantage of good opportunities
- Outward Housing, Newlon House
4, Daneland Walk
- N17 9FE
The venue listed here is Outward's head office in Hale Village.
- The different services we provide will have different costs (some are free!). Please visit the individual service pages to find out more.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
There will be a slightly different referral route for each of our services, so please visit the individual pages to learn more.
- Other notes
We are a member of/have the following accreditations:
- Autism Accreditation
- The British Assessment Bureau ISO9001 and OHSAS18001
- The British Safety Council
- Investing in Volunteers
- Investors in People
- Mindful Employer
- The Voluntary Organisations Disability Group (VODG)
All Outward staff go through a rigorous learning and development programme to be prepared to deliver high quality care and support services.
All our training courses are mapped against the standards of the Care Certificate and Manager Induction Standards (MIS).
You can be confident that anyone using our services will be treated with respect and will be supported by well-trained staff who know exactly what they are doing.
We have a number of services that benefit young people aged between 18-25 with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND).
- Outward - Specialist Outreach Support for Adults with Learning Disabilities
- Outward - Specialist Outreach Support for Adults on the Autistic Spectrum
- Outward- Specialist Floating Support for Adults with Learning Disabilities
- Outward - Supported Living for Adults on the Autistic Spectrum
- Outward - Supported Living for Adults with Learning Disabilities
- Outward - Nutley Edge Activity Breaks – respite holidays
Please do get in touch to ask us any questions you may have.
Our main office is in Bow, Tower Hamlets, but we have a number of other locations in Waltham Forest.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Contact Telephone
- 020 8980 7101
- Contact Email