Free School Meals
School meals are a great way to be sure your child is eating a healthy and well-balanced meal during the school day. School meals meet the Government’s rigorous nutritional standards, which have been put in place to make meals healthier and give children what they need to develop, grow and lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
Your child is entitled to free school meals if they go to school in Waltham Forest, and you or your partner get one of the following incomes:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- The Guarantee Credit element of State Pension Credit
- Support from the National Asylum Support Service (NASS)
- Support from the local authority Social Services Asylum Team (SSAT)
- Working Tax Credit for four weeks after your employment finishes
- Child Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that is £16,190 or less
- You can also receive free school meals if you are a pupil receiving Income Support or income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance in your own right
For more information please view the main Waltham Forest Council website or download Waltham Forest's Free School Meals.pdf leaflet from the right margin of this page.