Early Help Service for young people (11 to 18 years)
The aim of the service is to offer information, advice, support and development opportunities to targeted young people between the ages of 11 – 18 (or up to 25 if they have a learning difficulty or disability) to enable them to overcome barriers. For them to live and make a successful transition into adulthood and economic stability.
The service is comprised of Opportunity and Development Workers (ODW) who work with referred young people in a range of settings and venues in the borough. The Role of Opportunity Development Worker (ODW) is:
- Education, training and employment
- Benefit entitlement
- Outdoor pursuits and activities (Duke of Edinburgh Award)
- Housing (where applicable and appropriate)
- Mediate with schools and colleges to avoid exclusion
- Health & well-being support
In addition the ODW’s will provide ongoing support for targeted young people who need support to deal with the following:
- Teenage pregnancy including motherhood and fatherhood
- Immigration issues
- Family and relationships
- Drug and alcohol use
- Outreach work
- Sexual health and relationships
- Emotional health and well-being including self image, bullying, self-harm and eating disorders
- Offending behaviours including affiliation into gangs
- Young carers
- Domestic violence
- Family with a history of alcohol and substance use
- Broker services and support from other agencies and providers
- Advocate on behalf of the young person
Schools, colleges and other agencies
A completed CAF form or a Pre CAF form must be emailed to the service providing all relevant information; including what type of support is required and what the referrer hopes will be accomplished by the referral. You can also need to complete our referral form and please email to email@example.com.
The young person’s consent must be obtained prior to the referral being sent.
Each referral will be reviewed by the Allocations Panel each week and will be allocated to a named ODW.
Each ODW will maintain a case load of young people in need and they will work with each young person both on an individual basis but also, where appropriate, in group settings to overcome the identified area of need(s).
Other Services within Early Help 11-18
- Condom distribution
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Lettings of buildings available on request
- 020 8496 1530
2a Grange Road
- E17 8AH
- Age Ranges
- 11 – 18 (or up to 25 if have a learning difficulty or disability)
Young people with disabilities however we do not provide personal care, medication or transport.