Haven House Children's Hospice
Since 2003, Haven House Children’s Hospice has been providing specialist care for children and young people (birth-19) who have life-limiting and life-threatening conditions and who are unlikely to reach adulthood.
We also provide a range of support to families; including day, short break and end-of-life care, as well a number of services designed to improve emotional wellbeing, both in the hospice and in the local community
You can help us continue our work by getting involved in our events and fundraising at www.havenhouse.org.uk/events
- Haven House Children's Hospice
The White House
- IG8 9LB
Disabled Access is available at the venue.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referrals can be made by health or social care professionals. Referrals are assessed and discussed at a weekly panel meeting to determine whether the child / young person meets the criteria for care at the hospice under the life limiting / life threatening categories.
- Other notes
The hospice has disabled parking, hoists, lifts and wheelchair access to the hospice and the children’s playground area.
Since 2003, Haven House has been providing specialist care for children and young people (birth - 19) who have life-limiting and life threatening conditions.
Haven House is a Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulated nurse-led children’s hospice, situated in 18 acres of woodland in a converted locally-listed building on the borders of London and Essex. The hospice provides care and support for children and young people from birth to 19 years of age who suffer from life limiting or life threatening conditions. Haven House also provides services to the families of children / young people with life limiting and life threatening conditions.
The hospice provides the following services:
- Nursing palliative care and symptom control
- Stepped down care facilitating discharge from hospital, providing care and support for the child and family before transferring home
- Planned specialist respite and short break care including day care.
- End of life care
- Post bereavement care, including counselling, one to one sibling support and an annual memory day
- Buddies, providing activities and support for siblings aged up to 19 years of age.
- Toy home loan, which provides toys to children in the community
- Family events such as Christmas parties, pantomimes and visits from wildlife organisations.
- Coffee mornings for parents, providing support and a chance to socialise
- The hospice has a Holistic Care Centre, which focusses on the child as a whole and brings care closer to home for the child and their family. Services provided within the Holistic Care Centre are:
- Great Ormond Street Hospital clinics, providing care closer to home for the child and family
- Family Support and Advocacy
- Music Therapy
- Therapeutic Yoga
- Complementary therapies
- Expert parent programme
- Contact Telephone
- 020 8505 9944
- Contact Email
- SEN Provision Type
- CQC ID
- Type of service
- Caring for children (0 - 18yrs)|Sensory impairments|Physical disabilities|Personal care|Treatment of disease, disorder or injury