The Community Paediatric Team in Waltham Forest are specialist paediatricians who provide out of hospital care for children and young people. They also carry out a range of statutory duties in relation to child protection, medical advice for special educational needs, and health assessments of children in care.
Community paediatricians work within the community health network of therapists and nurses and also with local authority (CYPS) and the voluntary sector. The role of the paediatrician involves prevention, identification, assessment, diagnosis, treatment and support. We work in an integrated way to an Early Support Model.
Community paediatricians are closely networked with acute general paediatricians and audiology department and CAMHS Consultants.
The Waltham Forest Community paediatric service provides:
Neuro-disability multidisciplinary clinics
- Social and Communication assessment Clinic for assessment of autism spectrum disorders. (SACC)
- Assessment and management of children with complex physical and learning needs including visual and hearing impairment, movement disorders, such as, cerebral palsy, and other neuro-disabilities
- Visual Impairment multi-disciplinary service
- Multi-disciplinary assessment of motor and movement disorders
- Assessment and follow up of children with genetic conditions such as Down's syndrome.
- medical assessment of children who may have been subject to physical , emotional abuse or neglect or sexual abuse
- health assessments of children taken into the care of the local authority
- advice on health concerns related to safeguarding, adoption and fostering
- Contribute to multiagency and strategic safeguarding / LAC networks
- Neurodevelopmental assessment of preterm babies
- Special immunisation advisory clinic
- Epilepsy Clinic
- Follow up clinics for school aged children with medical needs in context of learning disability/ physical disability
- Contribute to the assessment of children with special educational needs and provide advice to the Education department on health issues.
- Contact Name
- Community Paediatricans
- 0208 430 7893
- Wood Street Health Centre
6, Linford Road
- E17 3LA
Mainline train station - Wood Street.
Bus numbers - W16 and 230
A small Pay & Display Car Park is located on Linford Road
- Age Ranges
- 0-19 years of age
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referrals are accepted from professionals in health ,education or social care. A Specialist Children's services form must be completed and signed consent from parent/guardian to share information must be provided.
Specialist paediatricians who provide out of hospital care for children and young people aged 0 to 19 years.
- Needs Level
- SEN Provision Type