Early Years SEND Team Home Visitors
A special educational needs home visiting programme which offers practical and emotional support, learning activities, help and advice in the care and development of children in their Early Years (0-5) The service is underpinned by Portage and Early Support principles.
Families are visited at home on a regular basis by an experienced qualified practitioner, who will work in partnership with the parent/carer to share and develop a set of activities suitable and appropriate for the developmental needs of their child. Each home visit will last for about an hour. The Home Visitor and the parent/carer will discuss learning activities that will help the child develop and learn new skills, building on abilities and strengths, rather than focussing on difficulties. The home visitor will provide opportunity for discussion around practical and emotional support.
Q: WHO THIS SERVICE IS FOR? A: Parent/Carers of young children with SEND
Referrals are made through the Disability Enablement Service multi- agency referral panel.
- Resident of Waltham Forest
- Age 0-3 and not in a registered Early Years Settings, or attending less than 15 hours age 2-3 (Age 3-5 negotiable where the child has no educational provision)
- Assessed at having a significant delay in 2 or more areas of development, or has a recognised disability that is likely to lead to a developmental delay
- Parent/carer is committed to regular home visits
- A single point of regular and consistent contact
- Ability to identify strengths and needs within the family
- Advocate on behalf of the child and family
- Educational programmes using methods of teaching which help learning through play in small manageable steps.
- Emotional and practical support as part of a trusting relationship
- Enable families to engage in their local community
- Information and signposting to other services
- Support in transition from home to educational setting
- 020 8496 1795
- Related Organisation
Disability Enablement Service
Wood Street Health Centre
- E17 3LA
Pay and display car park at Wood Street Health Centre
- Free service for parents
- Referral Details
Referral through the Specialist Children's Service referral form
Residents of Waltham Forest with a child assessed as having significant delay in 2 or more areas of development, or has a recognised disability that is likely to lead to a developmental delay.
- SEN Provision Type