BRIDGE (Building Respect in Diverse Groups Everywhere)
BRDIGE is part of Waltham Forest's Gangs Prevention Programme and runs activities such as:
- Social and academic eduaction support through homework clubs and 1-2-1 support.
- Multi-sports/outdoor pursuits
- Workshops on issues such as PREVENT/Citizenship, sexual health, volunteering and street safety.
- Supporting the young person to access a safe place;
- Individual support
- Support with education, training, and job opportunities;
- Providing and accessing positive role models
- Addressing social elements of the young person (e.g., health, mental health, substance abuse)
- Supporting with life skills, system support and basic needs
- Celebrating young people achievements- regardless if the perception of that success is deemed small.
- Improving educational and employment opportunities.
For more information please get on touch with us using the below details.
111, Belgrave Road
- E11 3QR
The BRIDGE (building respect in diverse groups everywhere) project will target Young People and Young Adults from the E17 and E10 area. The name of the project was created by YP at a focus group and also incorporates The Lea BRIDGE area.
We will use a number of venues including:
- The Lea Valley Park
- Kelmscott and Lammas Schools
- Jubilee and St James Park
- Walthamstow Lesiure Centre
- The Outset Centre